USEIC.RU Study in the United States Russian Education Preparing for Departure
About Moscow EAC Forum

Study in the US

Education System
Admission Process
Choose University
Choose Field
Application Process
Financial Aid
Distance Learning
Useful Links

0 0 0

EAC / Study in the US / Admission Process / Testing

US testing available in Russia:

Information for Students Interested in Attending US High Schools/Boarding Schools:
• SSAT (Secondary School Admission Test)

Most US colleges, universities, and graduate programs will require that you take one or more standardized admissions tests. US universities and colleges require high school graduation or passage of the GED (General Education Development) standardized test.

For undergraduate admissions, required tests usually include:
• ACT (American College Testing Program) or
• SAT I & II (Scholastic Assessment Test)
• TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
Most US universities will require or recommend that undergraduate applicants take one or two of the above admissions tests as part of the application process.

For graduate admissions, required tests usually include:
• GRE (Graduate Record Examination) for liberal arts, science, math.
• GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) for business schools / MBA (Master's in Business Administration) programs.
• LSAT (Law School Admission Test) for law school.
• MCAT (Medical College Admission Test) for medical school.
• TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)

Professional Licensure Exams:
• CGFNS (Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools) Registered general nurses who were educated outside the US will usually have to take the CGFNS exam as part of the licensing requirements to work as a registered nurse in the US.
• DAT (Dental Admissions Testng) for dental schools
• MAT (Miller Analogies Test) for public affairs schools
• PCAT (Pharmacy College Admission Test) for pharmacy schools
• TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
• USMLE (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates) Medical doctors (or medical students) who were educated outside the US will have to take the USMLE exam as part of the licensing requirements to conduct their medical residency or fellowship in the US.
• VCAT (Veterinary College Admission Test) for veterinary schools

Sites for US Admissions Tests:
The following sites provide unofficial preparation courses, resources, tips, and advice for taking US standardized tests:
• Kaplan Education Centers
• Princeton Review
• Peterson's Education Center

IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
To date approximately 800 U.S. institutions accept the IELTS as a substitute for the TOEFL. For full information about the test and a list of universities that accept it go to

1997–2024 © | карта сайта | sitemap