NEW INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NORTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY UNDERGRADUATES
Two types of scholarships will be awarded:
• Presidential Scholarships-five $2000 awards.
• New International Undergraduate Student Scholarships-ten $1000 awards.
1. The Presidential Scholarship provides $2000 in waived tuition and the New Undergraduate International Student Scholarship provides $1000 in waived tuition for the first academic year that a student is enrolled full time at North Dakota State University. Second year scholarships of $1000 are available for eligible students. No cash will be awarded.
2. The application for the New International Student Scholarships can only be considered after a student has been regularly admitted to North Dakota State University but before the student arrives on campus. Therefore, the completed scholarship application must accompany the Application for Admission if the student wishes to be considered for the award.
3. Preference will be given to applicants who have been accepted and have completed the scholarship application by May 31. Preference will also be given to qualified applicants who come to North Dakota State University directly from out-of-country, but qualified international students who transfer from other schools in the United States will be considered if funding is available and they will still be in their first two years of undergraduate study. Preference will also be given to students who are not already receiving tuition reduction through another program.
4. The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of demonstrated academic ability and evidence of extracurricular involvement. Financial need will be a consideration when choosing among otherwise equally qualified students.
5. Scholarship recipients must live in an NDSU residence hall for at least the first year.
6. Once awarded, scholarships are renewable for the second year as long as the North Dakota State University student remains both academically and civically qualified.
7. Students who are in jeopardy of losing their scholarship for academic or civic reasons will be notified. If the New International Student Scholarship is lost for either academic or civic reasons, it MAY NOT be reinstated.
8. The scholarship will remain in effect for two academic years (not including summer sessions) as long as the student remains academically and civically qualified to continue receiving it. A request for renewal of the scholarship must be made in April each year. Scholarship amount for second year is $1000 for both scholarships.
9. Students may compete with other enrolled students for a separate program that awards partial tuition waiver scholarships for the third and fourth year of study as long as they meet the criteria set forth for that award.
10. If a student is awarded a New international Student Scholarship, the award will be available for the student's initial use for 9 months. If a student is awarded a scholarship and is NOT able to begin study at North Dakota State University within that period (9 month), the student will have to RE-APPLY for the award.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Because of the large number of students applying for the New International Student Scholarship and the limited number that North Dakota State University is permitted to award each year, you should NOT count on this funding when filling out your Financial Certification form! If you are admitted to North Dakota State University and are awarded a Scholarship, you will be notified by letter and your 1-20 will reflect the amount of the award.
For additional information and application form, please contact:
North Dakota State university
Office of International Programs
P.O. Box 5582 / Administration Avenue
Fargo, ND 58105-5582, USA