The Fulbright Senior Scholar Program 2005-2006
The Fulbright Senior Scholar Program is an internationally recognized program working in over 140 countries for the purpose of promoting mutual understanding between the United States and other nations through academic exchange.
The Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program is open to Russian scholars who have established themselves in their fields and wish to take advantage of the opportunity to further their professional development through research or lecturing activity in the United States. The candidate must have a kandidatskaya degree (as a minimum requirement), a proven record of research activities and publications, and well-developed English skills. Applicants must be Russian citizens permanently residing in the Russian Federation.
Grantees are chosen through a merit-based, open competition which includes submission of an application and project proposal, peer review of the proposal, interviews in English, and final selection by a bi-national panel of Russian and American scholars and professionals. Applicants may submit project proposals for grants from 3 to 8 months in the following disciplines: Agriculture, American History, American Literature, American Studies, Anthropology, Archaeology, Architecture, Art, Art History, Business Administration, Communications/Public Relations, Creative Writing, Dance, Economics, Education , Environmental Sciences, Film Studies, Geography, History (non-U.S.), Information Sciences, Journalism, Language and Literature (non-U.S.), Law, Library Science, Linguistics, Music, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Public/Global Health, Religious Studies, Social Work , Sociology, TEFL/applied Linguistics, Theater, Urban Planning.
APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR THIS PROGRAM: OCTOBER 15, 2004.
The Fulbright Graduate Student Program 2005-2006
The Fulbright Graduate Student Program is open to Russian university graduates and to graduate (kandidatskaya) students in the arts, humanities and social sciences. The program will support up to two years of study for a master's degree program at a U.S. university, one academic year of graduate-level coursework at a U.S. university, or research for one academic year at U.S. universities and archives to gather material for completing a kandidatskaya dissertation.
Applicants must be Russian citizens permanently residing in the Russian Federation who have a university diplom or a bakalavr degree. Applicants should be no older than 30 years of age.
Applicants may submit project proposals for grants in the following disciplines: Agriculture, American History, American Literature, American Studies, Anthropology, Archaeology, Architecture, Art, Art History, Communications/Public Relations, Creative Writing, Dance, Education, Environmental Sciences, Film Studies, Geography, History (non-U.S.), Information Sciences, Journalism, Language and Literature (non-U.S.), Law, Library Science, Linguistics, Music, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Public/Global Health, Religious Studies, Social Work, Sociology, TEFL/applied Linguistics, Theater,Urban Planning.
APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR THIS PROGRAM: JUNE 16, 2004.
Anyone seeking more information about either of these programs, including representatives from institutions of higher education that are interested in hosting a visiting American scholar, may contact:
The Fulbright Program in Russia
125009 Rossia Moskva,
ul. Tverskaya, 16/2, stroenie 3, ofis 1,
Institut Mezhdunarodnogo obrazovaniya,
tel. (095) 935-83-53
fax (095) 937-54-18
Samsung Global Leader Program
(SKK-MIT MBA Course)
Objectives of the Program
• To develop the future leaders of Samsung Electronics: MBA Course at the Graduate School of Business of SKK University including a student exchange at the MIT for a semester (6 months)
• Graduate School of Business of SKK University: Newly founded by SKK University with the assistance of Samsung Group and MIT Sloan School of Management
• Work Obligation: After completing the MBA degree, the applicant should work at Samsung Electronics ( in Korea ) for 2 years at the corresponding regional headquarters (London, Moscow, Beijing, Delhi, Singapore, etc.)
• After working for 2 years, the applicant can work for SEC under mutual agreement between the applicant and SEC
Qualification of the Applicants
Students will be selected by criteria comparable to those of the MIT Sloan School.
The major factors that will be considered are as follows:
• GMAT score
• TOEFL score
• Recommendation letters
• Essays written by the applicants
• Monthly living expenses: 1,000,000 Korean Won (approximately $870)
• Two round-trip plane tickets between his/her mother country and Korea during the MBA course (once a year)
• Dormitory (a separate apartment with one bed, a bathroom, and small kitchen)
• Medical insurance for students
• Tuition (all expenses including registration and class fees)
• Internship at Samsung Electronics during summer/winter vacation (in Korea and mother country)
• Two years of work at Samsung Electronics in Korea and at the regional headquarters after the graduation
• Opportunity to continue career at the local SEC office at a managerial position.
• Candidates who meet SEC's requirement and criteria will receive the best treatment.
MBA application deadline: April 20, 2004
For more information: WEB: http://www.mba.samsung.ru, phone: (095) 797-24-74