Darton College International Student Fellowship
The Darton College International Student Fellowship waives the out-of-state cost of tuition for eligible students who attend Darton College in Albany, Georgia, USA. This will be a saving of approximately $ 6,000 per year (including summer semester). The recipients may reapply for the Fellowship each semester.
• be citizens of a country other than the United States of America.
• meet all admissions requirements for enrollment into Darton College.
• have outstanding potential as evidenced by their high school academic record, test scores, and personal essays.
• be willing to earn their fellowships by assisting the College with campus and community activities that promote multicultural understanding.
How to Apply
Office of International Student Services
Applicants may request an International Student Fellowship Application as well as an international admission packet from the Office of International Student Services by mail, fax, e-mail, or telephone. You may also download the forms from the Darton College website at www.darton.edu/international/.
2400 Gillionville Road
Albany, GA 31701
Phone: (229) 430 6924
Fax: (229) 420 1100
State University of New York, Plattsburgh
Any international student accepted to SUNY Plattsburgh is awarded the $3,000 housing grant, which covers the room expenses. International students are eligible to be considered for financial assistance in the form of merit scholarships and need-based grants ranging from $2,500 to full tuition (Presidential scholarship). For more information please visit the web site www.plattsburgh.edu/international
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Chevy Chase, MD
2 grant opportunities from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, located in Chevy Chase, MD. Please note that these grants are to be used only in the country of resindency and do not cover any research in the US, though trips to conferences are allowed. One more thing - the second grant is for Ukraine and Russia only. For more information please visit the web site: www.hhmi.org/grants
1. Infectious Diseases and Parasitology - HHMI's International Research Scholars Program will award five-year grants to support promising basic biomedical research scientists working in the the fields of infectious diseases and parasitology.
2. Baltics, Central and Eastern Europe, Russia, and Ukraine - HHMI's International Research Scholars Program will award five-year grants to support promising basic biomedical research scientists working in the Baltics, Central and Eastern Europe, Russia, and Ukraine.
Dickinson State University
Dickinson State University has launched a new Global Awareness Scholarship program. This new initiative provides substantial scholarships for qualified and dedicated international students who desire to study at a progressive, student-centered American university. Students meeting the established criteria will be granted scholarships equivalent to sixty-two percent (62%) of the below stated out-of-state tuition rate.
2OO3 -2OO4 Proposal Tuition and Fees:
|Tuition & Fees||$7,405|
|Out-of-State Tuition ($6,820) Fees ($585)|
|Room & Board|
|Five-day (10 meals) plan||$1,980|
|Five-day (15 meals) plan||$1,980|
|Seven-day (19 meals) plan||$2,150|
|Books and Supplies (estimate)||$700|
The proposed annual out-of-state tuition and fees for 2003-2004 are $7,4O5
The Dickinson State University Global Awareness Scholarship is $4,228 per year.
The remaining annual tuition and fees for International students in this program is $3,177, approximately the same amount as a North Dakota resident tuition with fees: $3.139
Total value of the scholarship over four years is approximately $16,912
In addition to providing scholarships, the University will make every effort to find on-campus employment for international students who desire to work.
The University will also admit a limited number of international students into the Theodore Roosevelt Honors/Leadership Program. They will receive an additional $500 scholarship annually over four years as long as they maintain their program status. The value over four years with both scholarships is $18,912.
Students applying for the Global Awareness Scholarship must have a TOEFL score of 525 or above (or a score of 195 using the computer version) and must have demonstrated academic excellence in their previous schooling. Visit www.dickinsonstate.com for more details.